View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Kim,

The premolar #29 may have moved a bit. But more than likely what is happening has more to do with your tongue. The tongue is a muscle and our teeth keep it in a certain position. When a tooth is removed, the tongue can find that empty spot and kind of get lazy in that area and feel like it's hitting the adjacent teeth. Usually this does not occur too severely when just one tooth is removed and the feeling usually subsides. If you replace #30 with an implant or a bridge or a nesbit (small removable appliance), that would take care of the tongue situation.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim722 View Post
Hi everyone - I'm new and had a question concerning a tooth I just had removed. It was tooth number 30 which was extracted. The problem I am having now is that the tooth in front of it, number 29 seems to have moved and now feels like it is in the way of my tongue. It seems to have shifted towards the inside of my mouth, I even feel like it is more difficult to speak clearly. I just had the tooth removed last Thursday, so it hasn't been a week yet, but my question is, will my other tooth go back to the proper position or is this just something I need to get used to? Also, will a fake tooth help this problem? I'm not looking at an implant, but maybe something that just snaps in.

I would appreciate any help that can be provided as this is kind of driving me nuts Thanks!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote