View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_d87 View Post
Sports related as well, i crashed hard during a road cycling race in 2010. I was unconscious for a while, with headaches for a couple of days. Then all the symptoms "magically" disappeared so i resumed my training. A month later i had to be operated because they discovered blood was pooling inside my skull.

I just want you to know i i know how it feels, man. You love your sports and you wanna go out there and enjoy them but now you also have to carry this huge burden over your shoulders (maybe literally) that stops you from doing it as hard as you want. Maybe you just need to take it slow while your symptoms disappear.

I know you don't need advice from a stranger but maybe contact sports aren't such a good idea for the time being. With concussions, you never know. You said you like hockey, right? I'm sure you've heard all about the concussion epidemic in the NHL. Maybe even Sidney Crosby's concussion woes. It took him over a year for him to get better...
Hi Rob.
Sorry to hear about your cycling accident. How long ago was that?

I'm definitely staying away from all contact sport in the summer. Going back to something safer like tennis. NHL concussion epidemic won't be as bad in non-checking hockey but the risk is definitely still higher than sports like tennis.
JohnZ622 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote