View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Blood in postal nasal discharge after root canal surgery

Hello everyone,

This is my first time here. Thank you all for your input and suggestions in advance!

I had a root canal surgery on #13. Before the surgery, I told the doctor that I was concerned because the tip of the root seems to be very close to the sinus. The doctor assured me that the sinus is in the different layer from the root, and she'd be very careful about it. Right after the surgery, I started to have post nasal drip with blood. I asked the doctor, she said it's normal and it'll get better in a few days. She did took a x-ray after the surgery and everything looked fine (I don't know if it's possible to make sure the sinus is fine from x-ray, but that's what she said), and she said the surgery was done good, she didn't touch the sinus. I don't know what's going on (I think I can taste those dental med from my post nasal drip). I'm now taking antibiotic. What should I do now? I have some history of sinus infection problem and am very afraid this surgery would cause me even more sinus problem.

Kelly
2012kelly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote