View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 09:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Having symptoms...

I think, I'm having symptoms again. I post both here, and, on the Schizophrenia forum because, I have Schizoaffective disorder.It is a combination of both Bipolar, and, Schizophrenia. I was advised by my psychiatrist to not take the appetite suppressants that my other dr. had prescribed for me. I went behind his back though, and, got them anyway. I have been taking them for about a month and a half. I quit taking them yesterday though. I also read, that appetite suppressants can be a trigger for people with Bipolar, and , other mental illnesses. I have begun experiencing some symptoms again. At least, this time, I realize it though. I'm going to call my psychiatrist today. My next appt. with him is not untill the 24th of this month. I need to speak with him though. And, admit this, and, see what he says. I hope, that, just by stopping taking them, that, things will return to normal, and, I will stop having symptoms. I don't know. My mind is so confused now. I feel really depressed too. I am not going to be working at least for awhile. I don't really feel up to it right now. I really do enjoy my work, but, I can't do a very good job in this condition. It's a good thing that my employer is so understanding on this matter. The only thing that makes me feel good right now, is going to the tanning salon. The ultraviolet rays are supposed to be really bad for you, but, the heat just relaxes my muscles so much, and, I can lay there for 15 min. uninterrupted, and, I come out feeling like all of my stress just melted away. I only started taking the appetite suppressants again, because, I gained 20 lbs. back of the 70 that I had lost. And, my clothes were starting not to fit anymore. I was really down about that. If, I can not work though, I can stay focused on weight loss, and, actually implement this wellness program from my psychiatrist. Well, that's all for now everybody. Hope this was interesting enough to read.

Peace, and, Love
Cgirl