View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 09:56 AM

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member
Unhappy My Niece Has This To Look Forward To!....

I just found out last weekend that my Niece that is only 4 1/2 months old right now,was diagnosed with a condition that is a form of Dwarfism,to where her body won't grow to a normal size,like a "Little Person",with shortened legs,and arms.But it will effect her health,because her internal organs will develop as if she was a normal sized person! It's so sad,because she was just born with it,and you look at her now,and she is such an innocent little infant,an adorable little girl that has no idea what is in store for her in the future. Society looks at the "Little People" as freaks,as if they belong in the circus,and it's not thier fault,and they're no different than you or I,other than size.She will be made fun of,teased at school,the emotional ramifacations will be almost as bad as the medical,and it's not right! I mentioned to my brother about homeschooling,just to save her the torment,he actually thought it was probably a good idea.I just don't want to see her suffer,like anybody else.I don't like it when people make fun of the disabled,because I'm one of them! And it really hurts more than people think it does,it really does!

Justice
Quote:
"You Can Do Anything You Put Your Mind To." -*My Dad*-
Justice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote