View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Kelly,

When you say "root canal surgery" are you referring to an Apicoectomy? Was this tooth previously root canaled with a conventional endodontic procedure?

Tooth #13 is your upper left second premolar and the root can be in close proximity to your sinus. Depending on the length of the root and the size/location of the infection it would not be uncommon for the bacteria to enter your sinus.

The symptoms you are describing regarding the taste of medicine and blood should be evaluated further as this can be an indication of a communication into the sinus. Perhaps a consult with an Ear Nose and Throat doctor would be helpful. I would take the pre and post op xrays of this tooth to this dr so he can see the history of it. He may want to take his own scan as well.
Also explain in detail your past sinus infections especially if they occurred before or after any dental work. Also explain where you feel pain or discomfort in your face when you have a sinus infection.

If you have not seen this article by Dr. Mercola, it may behoove you to take a look at it.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...0218_DNL_art_1

Hope you get some clarity on what is happening. Please keep us posted...
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012kelly View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my first time here. Thank you all for your input and suggestions in advance!

I had a root canal surgery on #13. Before the surgery, I told the doctor that I was concerned because the tip of the root seems to be very close to the sinus. The doctor assured me that the sinus is in the different layer from the root, and she'd be very careful about it. Right after the surgery, I started to have post nasal drip with blood. I asked the doctor, she said it's normal and it'll get better in a few days. She did took a x-ray after the surgery and everything looked fine (I don't know if it's possible to make sure the sinus is fine from x-ray, but that's what she said), and she said the surgery was done good, she didn't touch the sinus. I don't know what's going on (I think I can taste those dental med from my post nasal drip). I'm now taking antibiotic. What should I do now? I have some history of sinus infection problem and am very afraid this surgery would cause me even more sinus problem.

Kelly
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
2012kelly (03-14-2013)