Thread: Stabbing Pain
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 02:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneW View Post
I am writing on behalf of my daughter who has not yet been officially diagnosed with RSD, but doctors have hinted at it. Who diagnosed your RSD and also everywhere we read, we read about burning pain, although she has some burning pain hers is more of a stabbing nature. Could we have some input on this. Its been a long journey for her, she's only 25.
Thanks,
Marlene
I'm sorry to hear you daughter is going through all this. But stabbing pain isn't uncommon. Every case of RSD/CRPS is different, I too have a LOT of stabbing, along with an extremely strong and deep constant aching. ASk her doctor about Lidocaine patches, if placed in the right spot it helps relieve my stabs quite well. Mine effects my left arm so I usually place the patches on the inner and outer bicep above the nerve damage, the Lidocaine works its way down the nerve through the skin numbing the sharpest edges for me usually.

I hope your daughter heals well, and remember that Remission is possible. I have a friend who had it for 4yrs and with meds, physical therapy, and sheer willpower lol, beat it into submission!! She's been clear of any symptoms for 5 years now. And it had effect BOTH feet/legs as well as her lower organs. She had to wear depends for a while, so stay strong and keep up hope!
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote