View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default CrystalRoseheart

My heart goes out to you and any parent that has has a Bipolar child. You love them so much and yet as they swing into the highs and lows they will say and do things that are shocking and painful to themselves and others. My teen was only recently diagnosed with Bipolar II. She has more lows than highs. As parents this breaks our hearts for them (and for us because we love them and only want the best for them) Discipline is difficult because they don't reside on the same wavelength as other children and seems to send them spinning in the opposite direction. Children who do not have BPD respond differently and I felt as though I might be the worlds worst parent and that everyone else had the "good Child". I know that this is not a true thought but it is hard when your child doesn't respond to "conventional methods". I too face challenges of discipline. Love is always there for our kids but then after the love, comes direction and guidance. I would gladly share thoughts on anything that supports the challenges that we are learning to overcome with our children.