View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default CC

I was doing lite walking since September and upped it to faster walking and more times a week and for longer times.I did not just jump up and say I am going to do this as first physical exercise....

Before I knew what was my diagnosis when in school in September I was having major problems with physical and cognitive shut downs on my brain doing homework...so from my studies I knew that to get blood flow and build more brain cells I would have to stop every 30min and take a slow walk around the block to finish any homework or papers.

NO BY ALL MEANS I DO NOT SUGGEST THIS TO ANYONE THAT IS UNDER A YEAR AND HALF OF PCS!

I HAVE A ADVANTAGE WITH THE VESTIBULAR BECAUSE I SKI & SNOWBOARD SINCE I WAS 5YEARS OLD.

ANOTHER THING I WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO PHYSICALLY TRY TO IMPROVE MY BODY THEN TO JUST DO A SURGERY FOR MY NECK & BACK

I will be going on 2years very soon and I cannot baby this PCS anymore!!!I want to do this only 2 days a week and other days just walk!

Yes my MDs are probably going to spazz out but my mind set rite now is if it does not kill me then it makes me stronger!

I was one that had no choice to find out I had a concussion directly after accident so yes I been pushing threw ALL the symptoms and doing every house chore,grocery shopping etc for myself for a year and half sick as ****.I am still young and out of the subacute stage....so I am going to push that there is a little pain but not a lot!

***ALSO I AM NOT WORKING OR GOING TO SCHOOL SO I DO NOT HAVE THAT STRESS ON MY BODY***

Symptoms: Physical: I am always cold in any season!!I cannot tolerate anything pressure on my head(sun glasses,hats)longer then a hour,Lock jaw/Displaced TMJ, Dropsey, Hands go numb, Arms go numb, back of head numb (when asleep),Muscle spasms in face & upper body,migraines, concentration headaches, dizziness, nausea, neck and back trauma (from accident), tinnitus, extreme light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, EXTREME fatigue, impaired vestibular system, balance off, Pupils NEVER equal, disrupted sleep cycles,speech problems.

Cognitive: Cognitive Behavior, Brain fog, impulsivity, speech problems, word finding problems, slowed processing speeds, impaired visual memory, impaired complex attention

Emotional: Unable to handle stress or overstimulation without getting extremely irritable or angry, easily overstimulated, MAJOR depression, major anxiety, Panic attacks

Treatment so far: Treatment for PCS,PTSD,Depression & panic,Vestibular therapy, Physical therapy, Vitamin Schedule,Walking,No Dairy, No eggs, No caffeine, No artificial coloring, Sleep with 2 pillows, Very little sugars consumed, Eat healthy,No alcohol, Medications, limit stress and overstimulation.

~*~Learn to treasure yourself and your Divinity. Be willing to accept yourself completely. Be yourself, be graceful, be kind, be wild, be weird ... be true to yourself~*~

Last edited by MiaVita2012; 03-14-2013 at 06:03 PM.
MiaVita2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote