View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 10:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone! I started working in mid-Feb to obtain family health coverage. Nearly six weeks ago I was able to drop down to 20 hours per week and retain health bennies! Yea! So I still consider myself a ‘mostly’ SAH, HS mom.

7yo ds picked lots of morel mushrooms in our woods the other day. He loves to eat them too! Sauteed in olive oil. Ewww! I was raised eating them heavily-battered and deep-fried! LOL

We may have found part of the problem here. I think I mentioned that dh has taken over quite a bit of the cooking since I went back to work (when my fatigue worsened). Well, I discovered that he has not been washing the bulk bin rice and buckwheat groats before cooking them! I’m thinking we could have a possible cross contamination issue…?

We started back on probiotics last week too. I finally found some vegan/gf for me and some vegan/gf/corn-free/soy-free for ds! Actually I found them a while back – I just waited to order them until my favorite on-line retailer got them in for me!

Alas, Kim I just cannot fathom how to go about doing an elimination diet. I can count on one hand the number of foods my son eats “solo”. Heck, even with apples, he insists on eating them with nut butter or cinnamon! Almost everything we eat is a combination of multiple ingredients. I am toying with the idea of doing it for just me…I can eat apples plain.
jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote