View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Thank you for the reply and suggestions!

I'll describe more history of this tooth and my sinus problem here:

Yes, the surgery was Apicoectomy, and this tooth was previous root canaled.

About 3 to 4 years ago, I started to have some serious sinus symptoms, which I didn't know that was related to sinus at that time. I went see several Internal Med doctors before I was finally diagnosed for Chronic Sinus. The the doctor diagnosed me sent me to the ENT. I took CT and MRI with several different ENT doctors, but all of them told me that my sinus didn't look that bad from the images; there's only some slightly thing over my right nasal passage. So one of the ENT docs sent me to Allergy. I was treating with nasal spray and antibiotic at Allergy; the medications seemed to be bale to decrease my symptoms, but I still felt great discomfort most of the time. I started to do research online, and found some articles mentioned that teeth infection may affect the sinus. I have very bad teeth, most of my upper teeth are root canaled with crowns (I started those treatments when I was a kid). I noticed some of those treated teeth were having infection, so I decided to re-treat those teeth, and was hoping that could also resolve my sinus problem. It took me about 2 years to do all the re-treat. When my endo dentist at that time treated #13, I noticed that my sinus problem were starting to get better, though it's not completely gone, but I felt much better. However, the endo treatment for this tooth took several months, because I always kept having pain came back after each cleaning, though the pain was decreasing each time. At last, the doctor just decided to fill it up and wait to see if the pain would go away itself. She said it's too risky to do the surgery since the root is too close to the sinus. I had about a year of sinus symptom free, until recently, I had a bad sinus breakout again. This time I clearly felt that the sinus breakout started with the toothache of #13, then it made my left nasal passage congested and then all other sinus symptoms started. So I decided to go see another endodontist, and this doctor suggested that Apico is the right treatment. That's why I did this endo surgery.

I just had the Apico a few days ago and still have the stitches on. I did some search, some says that the sinus perforation may heal by itself; I don't know how true it is. With the fact that I just had the Apico surgery and have had history of sinus problem, I don't know when would be a good timing for me to go see an ENT? Could you give me some suggestions?

BTW, when I go to the article link you gave me last time, it shows Page not found.

Thank you so much for reading this long post!

Kelly
2012kelly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote