View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 10:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default in your opinion...

ok. back in january, before i knew i had to have shoulder surgery and before i even knew what RSD was, i applied to the massage therapy program at a local college. i was accepted and started enrolling for classes beginning in august. however, last week when i was diagnosed with RSD my dr. said that i wouldn't be able to do the program.

here is the deal. i have an orientation for the program on may 19th and i have enrolled in 2 classes for the summer. i have not dropped out of my summer courses and i certainly haven't told anyone at the school that i was diagnosed with RSD. heck, i didn't even tell them i had shoulder surgery! i have to have a physical and be certified in CPR as soon as possible. as of today, my pain is not too bad (maybe a 2 out of 10). of course i took methadone and gabapentin this morning.

does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do? should i assume that physically i will not be able to handle the program? should i just wait and see how my pain is? if i drop out now, then i will have to wait another year to enroll.

i guess i just don't know what to expect with RSD. i know it is unpredictable, but i also don't want to just give up my life and my plans.

shalom,
ang
unrouley1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote