Thread: Revision #2
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well I'm recovering in my hospital bed after what appears to be a successful surgery. They ended up going with the whole new unit after testing out the old one in surgery and there not being any difference. I'm ok with it, though. The recovery is longer but it should save me from more problems in the future because the leads have 16 points vs 8, which gives a whole lot more options for programming. My rep said my doctor's implanted about 15 of these units now.

The new remote is super fancy! I can't believe how different it is from the old Boston Scientific remotes (which I still have for my cervical SCS- so no worry about confusing remotes anymore). It's white and has a color display screen and more buttons as well. I have to figure out how to post a picture to show you all.

So far seems so good with the coverage, but I haven't had it on much yet because I've been having a bad time with nausea, and any stim is just aggravating that. My rep will be back in the morning to give me more programs. I'm in what's called extended recovery, which means not technically admitted but "kept for observation" overnight. So the room is not a traditional hospital room, but I'm at least in a quiet area which should help tonight.
yellow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-14-2013), Hannabananna (03-14-2013), Mark56 (03-15-2013)