View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mads, and thanks for your kind words. My problems started in 1986 after my first spinal surgery. I've had problems ever since -- plus the 2nd surgery in 1995 didn't help matters. Both surgeries were failures besides and i've been in agony since.

I also have peripheral neuropathy, particularly in the legs. The burning is intense, but is pretty much under control with meds. I WAS doing very well with pain by taking OpanaER, but then that even lost it's effectiveness and the pain began getting worse. So today my doctor put me on Norco 10/300 for breakthru -- which is a joke since I'm TERRIBLY hard to medicate. I'm the kind that wakes up on the operating room table during surgery under GENERAL anesthesia!!! And it's hard to tell anyone you're awake when you're laying on your FACE because they've given you curare so you can't move during surgery! I've done that twice in the operating room, and once with the oral surgeon when he put me out to "dig out" 6 teeth!!! So if my doc thinks Norco 10/300 is going to work, he's NUTS. LOL

Anyway, the diagnosis of Fibro answers a lot of questions I had about why I had brain fog, had trouble swallowing, why the pain was so intense, and a myriad of other questions.

Again, thanks for your reply. I'm sure I'll learn alot here. God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (03-15-2013)