View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerpearl View Post
Hi I am Helen.
Joined the community as seems to have usefull information.

I am currently having to work part time due to severe fatigue, joint pain , shaking hands, legs and neck arm pain.

In canada i have to wait another 2 months to see Rhemy after my MRI. I got desperate with nerve pain not resolved by codiene and pleaded for Gabapentin from GP.
It worked great for my sharp nerve pain for the first week, thought I was cured but now it seems to be coming back. I feel like I am being stabbed in my right shoulder with referred pain down my right arm and hand. I know i have osteophytes pressing on nerve in forminal opening C5 C6 form MRI 2 years ago.
Gabapentin has reduced my shaking a lot. Also have sacro illiac problems too.

My Dr now referred me to neuro too. Still waiting to be given date of appointment two weeks later.

Any ideas how to manage the nerve pain. Lyrica made me depressed. On so many drugs. SSRI. Arthrotec, T3 breakthrough. Codeine contin 100mg BID. Gabapentin 300 bid.

Anyway hope to learn a lot and get back to work which i desperately need to do

Helen
Hi Voyagerpearl I'm really hope I can help you, if nothing else listen. we have the same damage to the c5-6 it is one hell of a trip getting this treated properly or at least to where you feel somewhat normal again. I am on lyrica which really helped me ive been on it for 1yr before that it was 3600mg Gabapetin a day. latest med that really has helped is cymbalta 120mg a day so to give you an idea of my meds now which seems to be the best ive ever been on 120mg cybalta, 450mg lyrica, 200mg tegratol, oxyneo 10mg x 4 and oxycodone 5mg up to 3 a day, flexeral 10mg up to 3 a day. I started the cymbalta just after xmas and it is really helping it took a bit. You cant take the ssri with it but it has that in it from what I understand. The oxyneo is a long acting so one pill last up to 8 hrs for me it is about 7. I really hope this gives you some extra insight.
Toni-lynne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (03-15-2013)