View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi echos and finz

Glad you both have compassion. What you said is true, if you have the right connections, you can get by alot easier.
What I find wrong, is that the system reduces you to poverty. While going through the hoops, trying to get medical coverage, even my mothers earings she gave me upon her death, you are told to cash em in, and use the money and or report it. I have looked into housing for the poor. Where there is availabity, noone would want to live there.
I know this is not just me, many have the same situation as I do. Just because you become disabled should not sentance a person to life that is one horrible struggle. I did work, and hard.... I did not quit when I should have, as I kinda knew what my future would bring without my career. However I was at serious risk of being paralized had I not acted when I did. No health insurance as I had pre-existing conditions. That was the purpose of this document I had. so I could keep my home, nothing else. So in essence, in my case I lost all, because of my injuries.
I am bitter, as my folks told me if I worked hard, saved my money, did all the right things, that if I got into trouble with my health, there would be help for me

Oh yes, I did get the help and finally able to receive health care. The cost was everything I had. My home is paid for, and there just isn't enough for property taxes. Why is there no net for the disabled in my situation? Only help there would be in this state, was to accept being paralized, then I would have gotten a break with property tax. No other disability qualifies.

Yes I am venting, sorry to ramble on. I just get so sad over it all. Other
people on this site may have a handle on what our Gov. does and why., all the rules and why they are in place; It still doesn't make it moral or account for the human suffering that is inflicted on a person, who is already in grave danger with their health. Thank you for listening. I am glad I found NT, and support that is here for people in trouble. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote