View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Finz--

No I don't dislike you personally. But the finance comment DID offend me. The problem is we have already made any and all adjustments we can. There is just nothing left. We can barely afford rent and monthly bills let alone insurance or the rising costs of my prescriptions. It is a bit of a sore point for me, so sorry if I snapped a little. And the "housework" stuff I'm doing it slowly, and by slowly I mean it can take 4hours to fold clothes. It doesn't cause my arm hurt. The typing can and will cause pain if I do it too much. What I meant by being able to type is it is keeping the pain under control so I can get my job done. I do not expect to be totally pain free. I have already started to learn how to adjust my life according to how my body is reacting. And I DO feel that going to the ER was better than suffering for a week not being able to work, which would only make my situation worse. My daughter is helping out a lot for being 7, my fiancé has really picked up a lot And personally I feel the hospital should be jumping to take good care of me, as I've said before they were the ones to hurt me in the first place. I DON'T treat the ER lightly. They do have a fast track program for non-life threatening issues. Now touching on what you said about my doctors needing to get it right...yes they do. That's why this appointment this week we talked a little more candidly and they actually got me something that helps a LOT more. I still have pain, but I know I have to take it slow. I am 30yrs old and have a bit of common sense lol. The thing that's helped me most, like the reason I'm not as stressed and crazy sounding as when I first started posting here, is the therapy. Believe me when I say, I had tried EVERYTHING in my arsenal, to help/lower the pain. before going to the ER. I still think I did the right thing. And I probably overreaction a touch, just because I was already annoyed/mad with the way I was treated. Along with the fact my financial situation IS dire. All I want to do is be able to work F/T again. Take care of my kid and have a somewhat normal life. It's still a process learning to live with this condition, but I usually have under good control lately. The last week or two (as I discussed with my DR) it had seemed to be progressing, not caused by anything I did. My arm has been bright red off and on and I'm having the burning hypersensitivity, along with patches of skin that are hot and some that are ice. Again with the way my body reacts, when I start having a flare it won't stop with out outside help, usually a strong pain killer and the lidocaine. Also when I have my small daily flares where it will start to tense up , I think the Valium is helping with that a LOT. I think that was a major part of the issue with the major flares. We'll see. I tend to take anything new with a grain of salt at first.
So thanks for the apology, I think it was the way it was phrased, it felt more like and accusation rather than a suggestion to try reorganizing my finances. Like I was just irresponsible or something. If it was not meant that way I'm sorry too.
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote