View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I am concerned about the low sodium. This is not common, but some drugs do cause this. It is called hyponatremia.

SSRI antidepressants, some opiates, Tegretol and Trileptal,
diuretics, and some kidney/brain problems with anti-diuretic hormone control (low vasopressin).
I also thought no salt was diet proper. I was rinsing salt of every possible thing. I wasn't eating much at all, really. No salt veggies, lots of kidney beans, some canned tuna that I had salt I suppose. I read that low sodium is extremely rare, too. The primary care seemed quite happy once normal level was restored. Neurologist asked for copies of hospital er labs too, I guess he looked them over, no further comments from him on it either...

Will Slow Mag cover all electrolytes or should I worry about electrolytes? My bf bought me Coconut Water, supposed to be like a gatorade without all the sugar.
Soduim 50mg, sugars 11g, carbs 12g, calcium 10mg, magnesium 11mg, Potassium 450 mg. I just slugged one of those. Plus big glass of water. I had stopped taking them. I failed to keep track of any difference between taking a couple of those a day and the itching. Wish I had now.
KarenEVP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote