View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bob & others

Bob - I addressed this specifically because something temporarily barred me from posting. Also, I tried to reply to a PM from you to no avail. And I just spent 45 minutes getting a typo triple letter-free post here, and it floated off into cyberspace. GRRR! (Actually the word I used was a bit stronger than "GRRR!) I'm using my iPad - anyone else have iPad problems?

So here goes post #3 and we will test the hypothesis that "third time is charm"
(I just want to post; the heck with charm!)

As most NeuroTalk threads go, we began with "Song of the Week." Then we went from dying dogs to dying and pain with PD, then moved to tumeric .

So back to the song topic: there's a craze occurring of a song (and I hesitate to call it a dance) , called "The Harlem Shake." If you haven't seen it, I would like to take a vacation where you have been!

It's been around for 30+ years! But most of today's Harlem Shakes can be a mite suggestive or risqué . So I am cleaning it up to show you the therapeutic effect of doing or dancing to the music of "Harlem Shake" (Dr. John Grohol - analyze this!)

If you want an honest opinion, ask a kid - the younger, the more honest. Check out this viral YouTube video (over 8 million hits). You will see demonstrations and learn the history of this craze.

Music/dance can be great therapy. If you have balance problems, sit down and shake/dance. Why do I like it? It looks like me at my height of dyskinesia! LOL
Peg

Oh yeah - about to forget the video!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NeGe7lV...ure=g-logo-xit

Watch it all, please! If we in this forum ever get the chance to get together, we will all do the Harlem Shake! ( everyone fully clothed, too!)
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (03-15-2013), Bob Dawson (03-15-2013)