View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks. I can find it. Just a message for the people in my traumatic brain injury group who saw me post here. I am not suicidal. My dad has a disease that is referred to as "double Parkinson's disease" DOUBLE. This is hereditary and I am the only other one of my siblings who has the exact same neurological problems as my father. The neurologist I saw is my dad's and they are trying to establish a genetic link with our illness's.
Imagine Michael J. Fox when you see him all shaking and his face is all strained from pain and this is one of his good days if we are seeing him. Now imagine double Parkinson's disease (Shy-Dragers). I personally will not live to the end of that. I don't know how far my dad will want to go. I just want to know there is a humane option. Some of you may think this is an unforgivable sin that we should endure to the end. I don't believe this. I know we have a loving god who gives us free choices without holding it against us.
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-15-2013), barbo (03-16-2013), ginnie (03-21-2013), Mark56 (03-19-2013)