View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:11 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Arrow dearest Alffeee

Hey Alfeee!!
I do agree with you on those other individuals, just not Terri's case or possibly any that may resemble this in the future law cases.
I believe there is a humane way for people to die, but this was wrong in Terri's case she was profoundly mentally impaired, to some extent ,
but she was mostly alive & loved by all her family- letting the ex-husband who more than likely tried to murder her, I say pish tosh!!
he is/ was an a$$hole
he wanted money
Michael S. had a 2nd wife (tramp) if he and she had lived in a state that said, the law was "common Law marriage"if you live together as man and wife you are married!

One of those states is Kansas, and you are married not by the seven years of living together plan,(that is just an ole wives tale) just by living together as one, the nice way to say
in Kansas a several other states -you are man and wife especially if you write the one spouse off your taxes.

I believe this would be okay if this was a terminal illness -and the dear one signed a Living Will, with legitimate witnesses.
but this was a horrid thing that was done to Terri.

I beleive in individuality of cases, and not a rule of thumb -such as what was handed out, like a parking ticket.

I just do not like the Michael S. -having any say -when he was not her husband/owner anymore! and as for the Judge, he was a corrupt heartless
man

IMHO -
this has been an excruciatingly looooooooooooong presidency for a very unpopular prez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
I hesitate to even jump into this discussion Tena, Clouds....because I also love people and when the subject title is the "Dehumanizing the Disabled in America" there is no argument....it's wrong.''

But!!!! When someone is terminally ill, with no hope of recovery....when they suffer from chronic pain with the promise of more forever...when the quality of their lives will not ever improve...I believe they should have the choice to say enough already...without the world judging them for making the choice and threatening drs. who are trying to help them.

I believe it's about having the freedom to choose for ourselves.

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote