View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 12:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

One of the hardest parts of switching was giving up my powdered coffee creamer. I loved the way it made my coffee taste. And, after months of trying to mix up ingredients that fairly closely matched the commercial creamer, I got something that worked, but wasn't quite as great.

Still, there's no way I would go back to the health problems I had while eating and using gmo products.

I even stopped using gmo soy for my candles!

Anyway, yesterday on Twitter someone mentioned Oatmeal Milk. Apparently you can buy it and use it instead of soy milk. Soy has so many bad side affects.

The article posted with the tweet said you could make your own oatmeal milk... it suggested making oatmeal, then blending it, and using it as milk.

I decided to try putting uncooked Old Fashioned (i.e. not instant) oatmeal in my coffee grinder... and grinding.

Worked really well.

I added the powder to the powdered creamer ingredients I was already using: coconut milk, whey protein, maca, and a tad of organic dried cane sugar
... and it was pretty good. It provided a bit of a creamy texture to my coffee, which is a part of what I loved about the commercial creamer.

So, you might want to try Oatmeal Milk. :-)