View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi popeye, I'm really sorry to hear of all you've been through. It would definitely be worth starting a new thread for advice specific to your case, people are lovely here but it might get overlooked with it being on mine.

An update - well, jumping out of the window is now looking far more appealing. I have my MRI results and the GP says there is nothing on there that could be causing any of my symptoms. I am beyond heartbroken. I am not able to go out any more because my legs are so wobbly and even short walks make the pain so much worse. A physiotherapist was sent out by the OT to give me a rollator but what's the point - I'm only bloomin' 36 (nearly) and this is getting worse every day. It's not fair to live like this without knowing what it is and how to cope. I am in so much pain I have only had 2 hours sleep over the last two days. The burning and numbness in my thighs and groin is so bad I can't make love with my husband even if by some miracle my back pain disappeared.

The MRI shows (according to the GP) a mild bulge, mild narrowing of the foramen and dehydration of the disc at L5/S1, which is where I had the microdiscectomy. None of that is bad enough to treat and none of it ties in with the thigh burning or weakness. The GP says the neurosurgeon probably won't do anything. He says nothing else shows up on the MRI at any other level.

I'm guessing the narrowing is from the bulge? He didn't mention stenosis at all and nothing showed up like stenosis on my last MRI.

What can I do? I can't go on like this and have no idea where to turn.
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-15-2013)