Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Check out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain patch View Post
Thanks. I can find it. Just a message for the people in my traumatic brain injury group who saw me post here. I am not suicidal. My dad has a disease that is referred to as "double Parkinson's disease" DOUBLE. This is hereditary and I am the only other one of my siblings who has the exact same neurological problems as my father. The neurologist I saw is my dad's and they are trying to establish a genetic link with our illness's.
Imagine Michael J. Fox when you see him all shaking and his face is all strained from pain and this is one of his good days if we are seeing him. Now imagine double Parkinson's disease (Shy-Dragers). I personally will not live to the end of that. I don't know how far my dad will want to go. I just want to know there is a humane option. Some of you may think this is an unforgivable sin that we should endure to the end. I don't believe this. I know we have a loving god who gives us free choices without holding it against us.
Brain
The reading under Oregon ORS 127.800-995 and Washington state RCW 70.245 speaks to the issues about which you are curious. Consulting with attorneys licensed to practice in those states may provide answers to questions you are experiencing.

Realizing my father has gone the way of Alzheimers most rapidly I gain pause wondering whether life for the patient continues viable into stage four where my father now subsists; moreover, I am subjected to great misgivings regarding the family capability to financially sustain the patient care as is the situation with my father these years.

Cannot provide a position in these pages whether one should or should not take a particular course of action. Can provide means to research so individuals may attain counsel and realize their own conclusions.

I, for one, have been pondering with trepidation the notion whether to have a genetic test performed to determine my bodily bent toward Alzheimers, if at all. I empathize with you Brain, I truly do.

ARGHHHHH,
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-15-2013), Brain patch (03-15-2013), ginnie (03-21-2013)