View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo123 View Post

So i guess i now have some reading to do. Thanks for your support.

CRPS/RSD is a very hard condition to "prove". Usually its more of a case of eliminating other things and being left with this. It's a very GOOD thing (if you have it) , that it was caught early. It is much harder to push into remission if caught later. Don't read TOO much. LOL. It can be overwhelming and quite scary. CRPS is a real condition it's not "all in our heads" like some doctor think. However the human mind is a very powerful thing. Stay positive, and think things like you CAN beat it, you WILL overcome it. It can help the healing process a lot. My friend has forced hers to go into remission for (i think) about 5years now. Hers was diagnosed very late it was in both her legs and effected her lower organs as well, causing thing like incontinence. When caught early you have an extremely good chance of recovering fully!

http://www.rsds.org/index2.html

This is a good site to get some valuable information!

Also talk to your doctor about something to help you sleep. I take a low dose anti-depressant before bed. It helps me sleep. It's called amitriptyline. Also don't be afraid to tell or ask for something for the pain. Getting it under control early is a big key in recovering. If you can control the pain your more able to facilitate your recovery with things like physical therapy. Also if things start getting really stressful, you should look into seeing a psychologist who specializes in pain management!!! VERY important key to recovery.
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote