View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 03:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes. Thank you Mark. That is what I was looking for. I have heard that Oregon has this option. I did not know about Washington.
I am so sorry that you are going through Alzheimer's with your father. You see exactly what I mean. The cost also is astronomical and how long can it be sustained? I sure hope you are not genetically disposed. How many siblings do you have? There are four of us and I am the only one.
I just want to have the proper things in place for myself. I will not deteriorate to this level or put my loved ones through watching that. Hopefully it won't come to that for you or me.
What about our fathers though? I am certain my dad would want the same thing but is no longer able to make that decision so what do you do? Is it legal if the loved ones decide on this course of action? Right now the situation is still ok (really hard though for me and my mom) but I can see where it is going. Would anyone want to live with a feeding tube and not being able to move or recognize anyone and be totally out of their right minds? How long can that last is the scary part. Years and years? I could really use some support and all your prayers. I admit to feeling a bit suicidal just from what we have gone through this week. I have been the strong one to hold it together for my mom but can see that last night and today it has taken a toll on me heavily. When I read the link Alfie gave about the behaviors of people planning suicide, I have to admit that I have some. Maybe my mind is thinking this without me directly acknowledging it.

Much love to you all, thank you for talking to me about this with such compassion.
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-15-2013), bizi (03-18-2013), ginnie (03-21-2013), Mark56 (03-15-2013)