View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=soccertese;966220]bob, were're all entitled to our opinions. Quote.

yes, in your opinion it is questionable why these scientists opened a can of words. In my opinion, it is excellent, at least as far as cans of worms go.

Quote: if research on rats could always be transferred 100% to humans we would have been "cured" and/or have stopped progression years ago... a lot of pd trials of something that worked in rats have failed in humans....
so i'm not going to take any study on rats too seriously.... quote

It is true that if we were mice, we would have been cured of everything by now. But they can't try anything on humans without trying it mice and rats; then primates, then us

they can grow human dopamine neurons in a petri dish,
and expose the petri dish to constant light for 90 days?

quote: what if the artificial light did inhibit dopamine production, what would you do with that info?quote

As they say in the study, lighting could be changed. I personally attended a sales pitch made to real estate developers from some company in California that was marketing flourescent tubes that they claimed matched the spectrum of sunlight, and they claimed that it was healthier. That was in the late 1980's. They went bankrupt because they were more expensive, and so the real estate companies did not buy them

This study may go nowhere. But it is one of the few that is not just repeating all the others.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote