View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 04:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Knowing that a med helps, but not picking it up is either a lack of financial planning or not caring enough to pick up a script. I doubt that you just didn't care enough to pick it up. If something works, but we can't afford it, it is a crisis for our families, but is not a medical emergency.
....this is the kind of thing that I find offensive, by the way.

To me it feels condescending, or like I can't make correct decisions in my household. There is no LACK of planning. I can "plan" all I want but if I have to buy food or shoes for my child, that comes first. It simply isn't there. there is no extra. Nothing. My mother is disabled, my father is DEAD. My daughter father has been unemployed since September. I applied for State medical and I make $74.35 too much. I have a total (after bills) mabye 10.00-30.00 to spend on medication....which isn't NEARLY what it costs. My fiance tries to help as much as he can but he has 2 teenagers to pay child support on as well as a daughter in college. So there's is no other planning to be don unfortunately. So when I'm left with no way to stop the major flares. Which I haven't been to the ER since Jan, which I had other complications besides a flare. It just feels like you are assuming I can funnel the money from somewhere....I can't. I've been trying my best to do what I can. I should have SOMETHING from the hospital soon to reimburse me for the money I've spent on medications soon. Which, just to give you an idea of the strain it's put on me, totals now over $900 since November 2012. Please don't assume things like that. There is NO lack of planning. When phrased like that, it comes across very rudely to me......
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote