Thread: Another ER trip
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 04:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Another ER trip

Well, I have been feverishly trying to stay out of the hospital, (as I have no health insurance) when wouldnt you know it, the good ole' MS hug showed its ugly super powerful self the other nite. The pain was so intense, my meds didnt work at all. I could barely breathe and my spine felt as if it was going to snap in half! Well, there was the nice 10 minute car ride to the ER, then a wonderful 30 minute wait to get into a room, then another 30 minute wait just for a nurse to come into the room. By this time I was screaming as the pain was not letting up. FINALLY the doc came in and ordered the wonderful pain med of dilaudid with a chaser of IVSM and some oxygen as my O2 sats were down to 59. Sent me home with some lortabs, and "dont forget to follow up with your neuro". Which I did the very next day. He increased my baclofen and tizanadine and also is increasing my amitriptyline. I tell ya, somethings gotta work here, Im going crazy with this every day pain. I dont get one day off anymore. Neuro also finally caved and gave me a rx for LDN and said he hopes it helps. Hey, guess what, ME TOO!!
Flare Oct 2011
Flare Dec 2011
Left disabled after 2 previous flares
Betaseron '02, Copaxone '12, Tecfidera '13
(allergic reaction to all)
No longer taking any MS therapy meds
KittyLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (03-16-2013), jprinz99 (03-20-2013), Judy2 (03-19-2013), SallyC (03-15-2013), tkrik (03-15-2013)