View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSsongbird View Post
....this is the kind of thing that I find offensive, by the way.

To me it feels condescending, or like I can't make correct decisions in my household. There is no LACK of planning. I can "plan" all I want but if I have to buy food or shoes for my child, that comes first. It simply isn't there. there is no extra. Nothing. My mother is disabled, my father is DEAD. My daughter father has been unemployed since September. I applied for State medical and I make $74.35 too much. I have a total (after bills) mabye 10.00-30.00 to spend on medication....which isn't NEARLY what it costs. My fiance tries to help as much as he can but he has 2 teenagers to pay child support on as well as a daughter in college. So there's is no other planning to be don unfortunately. So when I'm left with no way to stop the major flares. Which I haven't been to the ER since Jan, which I had other complications besides a flare. It just feels like you are assuming I can funnel the money from somewhere....I can't. I've been trying my best to do what I can. I should have SOMETHING from the hospital soon to reimburse me for the money I've spent on medications soon. Which, just to give you an idea of the strain it's put on me, totals now over $900 since November 2012. Please don't assume things like that. There is NO lack of planning. When phrased like that, it comes across very rudely to me......

Respectfully, CRPS Songbird, there IS a lack of planning.

If you look at more of that post.....

"Financial planning may include reworking the family budget, running up credit cards, working extra (for those who can), asking the doctor's office for samples, talking to the drug company about free or reduced cost meds, borrowing money, trying to get state services to help pay for meds or food/housing, making an alternative plan with the doctor for meds tha are more affordable. "

You can clearly see I accounted for situations in which we just can't afford the meds. That doesn't mean there isn't planning that could be done. Have you looked into the free prescription help programs ? Have you asked your docs for free samples ? Have you contacted the company to see if they can help ? Do you have access to credit cards ? This is not meant to be condesending if you have looked into those options too, it's just that you keep addressing only a small portion of the 'solutions' in your responses. That's not a 'demand' for more info......no one here should share more info than they are comfortable with.

If you have clearly discussed with your docs that the patches DO help, but you just can't afford them and explained that you NEED another plan, then you might have mentioned that, otherwise it looks like that hasn't been done. If you have had that discussion with your docs, then again, this is ALL on them for sending you to the ER for a non emergency situation. That is ALL part of the financial planning for this.

There is no blame here for not having the money. Many here are in a similar, or worse, situation. You've mentioned being over the limit for help because your income is a bit too high. You may end up, like many of us, being unable to work. That will help make you eligible for that money for meds, but you could be up a creek for housing, etc. The financial hardships that RSD adds to our already complicated and difficult lives stinks.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote