View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni-lynne View Post
Hi Voyagerpearl I'm really hope I can help you, if nothing else listen. we have the same damage to the c5-6 it is one hell of a trip getting this treated properly or at least to where you feel somewhat normal again. I am on lyrica which really helped me ive been on it for 1yr before that it was 3600mg Gabapetin a day. latest med that really has helped is cymbalta 120mg a day so to give you an idea of my meds now which seems to be the best ive ever been on 120mg cybalta, 450mg lyrica, 200mg tegratol, oxyneo 10mg x 4 and oxycodone 5mg up to 3 a day, flexeral 10mg up to 3 a day. I started the cymbalta just after xmas and it is really helping it took a bit. You cant take the ssri with it but it has that in it from what I understand. The oxyneo is a long acting so one pill last up to 8 hrs for me it is about 7. I really hope this gives you some extra insight.
Yes that does help. I will be seeing my primary on thursday. I must admit the codeine is not really helping either now. I will definately ask to to up the Gabapentin and ask about the other suggestions. I am kind of scared to ask for more Narcotics as I feel I am worried that she will think I just want drugs but I need to be more comfortable. I have to drive for my job so have to be careful to that I am not impaired by the medications,. BUT pain is stopping my enjoyment of life and effecting my work life too.

So which kind of doctor has helped you most? Neuro, rheumy, primary ?

Thanks for your support.
voyagerpearl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (03-15-2013)