View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default want to talk to ppl who have pcs!!

This is my first post. I am desperate to talk to people who have the same problems as I do.

I slipped on ice and fell backward hitting my head on concrete in November 2011. MRI and CT scan both came back fine. I was told at the hospital I have a concussion. You'll be fine in a week. Two weeks later no improvement... back to hospital and was told I have pcs and will be fine in a couple of weeks.

Year and a half later.... still headaches exhaustion memory problems, intolerance to light and noise. Can't go to the store or anywhere really because flourescent lights too bright... I get head pain confusion, can't think properly, word finding problems.

I went for an EEG because the neurologist thinks I might be having absence seizures. LIGHT TORTURE!!!! Anyway I'm waiting for the results. That was yesterday morning. I have felt like heavy and limp exhausted since the EEG. Almost like being drunk or doped up. I don't drink. I'm not doped up. Anybody else feel this way after an EEG?

I take effexor and clonazepam for anxiety and depression but have been taking them both since before the concussion. I'm scared I will never be like I was. I feel "stupid" a lot. I can't clean the house, cook, and be energetic and busy like pre-concussion. I feel like people don't understand. There are no support groups here.

Thank you for ALL responses.....
MUMZY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-16-2013), MiaVita2012 (03-17-2013)