View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks

For letting me sorta vent, again. I didn't even think my initial post was negative, I just have a dry way of saying things, sometimes I'm even amused at how absurd life is.

CC and Mokey, my Cdn friends, you have such a way of seeing the glass half full. Thanks!

Berkeley and rmschaver thanks for your encouragement and compassion.

Concussion your second link is exactly right. We have a corrupt system. Thanks for the links! And to care enough to look things up is very cool in my books.

Brain patch thanks for the belief in me and reminding me that I'm smart, and to be strong. I cannot sue because in Canada, workers forfeit the right to sue their employer by collecting WCB benefits.

Mark the number/letter test you mentioned was not one of the tests I took. I didn't even think to check the names of the personality tests. I was so not "with it" that day. Word lists, drawings, blocks, and fill in the dot questionnaires were the biggest parts of the day. I will write down his comments before I see the report myself. I doubt he will even send my copy. To me that speaks volumes.

I know my case isn't over. Thank you everyone for reminding me. You're all such supportive people. Thanks for trying to boost my outlook.

I do know that I've been told by doctors (verbally) that whatever WCB wants, they get. Long term injuries are their worst nightmare so they insist on the reports they desire or refuse to pay the doctor. My psychiatrist even ranted about them and refuses to take WCB cases.

Anyway I'm not out to change the world. I just need a little more time to heal before returning to work.

I'm nowhere near ready in my opinion, because I am unable to perform basic hygiene tasks let alone much housework without intense head pain. I haven't had one day without the head and neck pain and intense brain pressure yet. I am unable to turn my head properly to drive. Plus I cannot process decisions well enough to drive.

I have such memory issues with basic life skills that I cannot fathom how I'd be useful in the workplace right now. Today I tried to put makeup on because a friend was coming over, and I was stumped as to what to do with lip gloss. I opened it, looked at the wand, and raised it to my eyes like mascara. Then I could smell it and thought oh that's for LIPS! Funny story that I told her when she arrived, but a sad commentary on how much further I need to go.

The stutter has improved somewhat lately. I don't know if that's because of the Elavil I'm taking, the increased sleep, or just time.

In brain injury timelines I'm early in recovery but to WCB it's way past time to get to work.

When I get my glasses I'll report back about progress.

If I do return to work before I'm ready I'm reminded of Marks early words to me. Basically, I will crash at work if I overload my brain and a few possible outcomes may happen. Either I'll get sent back onto benefits or LTD or I'll get fired. I'll still be alive. The world won't end.
About it: October 26, 2012 I fell backward on an icy parking lot at work. I was on Workers Comp for 9 months. My PCS : everyday headaches became once in a while headaches, and neck pain became manageable. Still have occasional mild dizziness, sometimes fullness in the ears, convergence insufficiency, sequencing struggles, short term memory struggles, verbal processing delays. CT neg, MRI neg. Therapies: prism glasses, acupuncture, icing neck, resting, supplementing, Elavil 20mg at bedtime.

NEW: Completed 12 weeks of physical therapy and returned to work full time.

About me: I'm a marketing manager, a mom with a blended family and wife to a heart attack survivor. I believe my brain injury taught me more than it cost me. I'm grateful to still be me!
MsRriO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-16-2013)