View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 07:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
I'll TRY to help, but I'm NOT A DOCTOR:

A Schmorl's node is the protrusion of the nucleus propulsus (a group of nerve cells) into the spongy part of the vertebra and this has a reactive signal change.
A "signal" is a measure of activity in nerve cells indicated by frequency of discharge.

T11-12 and T12-L1 - Mild disc bulging (no herniation)

L4-5 - mild disc dessication -- this means the disc is drying out. When the disc dries out, it flattens and CAN cause it to bulge, although there is no indication that this disc is bulging.

All other levels are within normal limits.

Impression: Multilevel spondylosis - The actual meaning of this is "any of various degenerative diseases of the spine." So I'm ASSUMING it could be degenerative disc disease (drying out of discs) or a number of things of which you should TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT.

This is a GREAT MRI -- what symptoms are you having? Do you have pain, numbness, tingling or anything like that? I sure wish MY MRI looked like this. LOL If you're having a lot of trouble, get another opinion. Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, Lee
Thank you for your explaining it to me, I see my doctor next week but I have just been waiting for almost a month now to find out the results of the MRI and it arrived in the mail last night.

I am currently in physical therapy for my hands and ankles and I had the results sent to them earlier this month but they wouldn't even tell me anything (which is understandable) so it is mainly the not knowing that has started to worry me but I am at somewhat at ease now after hearing your input.

I am currently experiencing numbness,tingling and weakness in both of my hands but mainly in my left hand, weak wobbly knees, sore ankles, thighs, shoulders and my neck has been giving me issues lately as well along with heavy pain in my upper and lower back mainly my lower; when I bend down and stand back up I feel disoriented for a while and have to stand still for a while until it passes.

There will also be times where my hands go really numb and the middle finger on my left hand feels like it feel asleep when I try to feel it and I also experience a moment of weakness in my body when this happens and I feel disoriented but it does pass, I had a spell that happened Thursday where my left index finger also "fell asleep" while I was walking.
Eddie2099 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote