View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default nibbling

This is an ambitious idea and unfortunately, one of the things that we Parkies seem to lose along with the dopamine is ambition. I think that may be one of he reasons why this disease had so little exposure until MJF came along. I know this isn't true of everyone (is anything?) but as for me, I've experienced a gradual loss of initiative, decision making skills and competitiveness. It's one of the things I need to rise above. Doing something proactive and positive is so important, and it's the only way we can fight back.
I think that Lloyd has a very good idea here; the great thing about the internet is that it gives regular people an avenue for achieving all kinds of things; an avenue that didn't exist. Look at the books and videos and artwork and music that have been published on the web which may never have had an audience before. I'm not sure exactly how to turn this to our advantage, but just the exposure has to help, right? I like the idea of a book, for one thing. It's amazing to me how little the public knows about Parkinson's. I knew practically nothing myself, I have to admit.
Maybe this book could also include artwork...? Just a thought. My short exposure to the Parkinson's community has convinced me that there are a lot of creative and expressive PWPs out there.

Marian
ukelady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote