View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 10:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I feel your pain

I have been dealing with concussions since October 2010 and I've had three since the first one. By some miracle, I have gotten a lot better recently, so recovery is possible. My pcs symptoms got much worse after concussion #2 in December 2011, but I didn't really understand what was wrong with me and didn't rest or seek help. When my pcs symptoms helped to cause my August 2012 car accident, my husband confronted me about my symptoms. I sought help and took disability leave from work. I have been off work for 6 months, and I am doing MUCH better. My only remaining symptoms are related to vision problems due to the multiple concussions, and I am now doing vision therapy for that. I still have Light sensitivity and dizziness when I make any quick movements. It has improved since I first had the dizziness. Originally i felt like the whole world was falling upward! So though i still can't dance, ride a bike, or swing on a swing with my daughter, I can function pretty well. I even vacuumed last week, which was a big deal to me!

Rest is the best thing you can do. I know there are financial issues involved, and you can only do the best you can do. Don't push through the symptoms. Slowly up your activity levels. Take care of yourself. Here is the post I made recently on the hope and healing thread: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread78902-6.html

Good luck!
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-17-2013), MUMZY (04-01-2013)