View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 11:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Trigger points are a very important piece of the puzzle

I've been doing trigger point work with the Thera Cane for about four months now and I'm starting to realize that trigger points are a very important piece of the puzzle. I've had TOS for more than 30 years now, and I've done a little bit of trigger point work in the past, but really didn't think it was that helpful. I've even had trigger point injections, acupuncture, and hands on therapy, that didn't help that much. I think the main reason for that is, it just wasn't enough to make a difference. It takes more than a few therapy visits to correct many years of pain and dysfunction.

The reason I'm making progress now is, I'm consistent, I do trigger point work daily with the Thera Cane. I've also been doing joint mobility exercises daily for almost three years now. Those, along with trigger point work, have been a good combination for me. Muscles that are full of trigger points can't be stretched or strengthened without pain. Improvements come slowly so you have to think long-term. Consistency is very important.

Last edited by Coop42; 03-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Akash (07-19-2014), Jomar (03-23-2013), Thankful for Hope (03-16-2013)