View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie33 View Post
Hi Synnove
I also have terrible unbearable vibration , pins and needles and buzzing in my legs, arms and tinglin in my hands and fingers,, burning in my feet and torso. I have small fiber neuropathy. . I take lyrica 100, 50 2 x day and it doesnt do anything for any of my symptoms. I am trying slowly to get to the next dose because of side effects. But so far no weight gain, just drunk like feelings , dizziness and dry mouth. How much lyrica do you take? I take xanax at night for sleeping. ( I hate that I am becoming dependant on it for sleeping) Too bad the lyrica does not make me drowsy like most pple reported.
Hi Marie 33
I take Lyrica 100 mg in the morning, 100 mg at 2 pm, and 200 mg at bed time. Lately, this not completely control my pain. So the doctor has told me yesterday I can increase the dose with another 100 mg in afternoon. I have not tried that yet, that is a very high dose. The maximum dose, the doctor said, is 600 mg daily, but that is very high, usually it is 400 mg a day.
I have recently seen a neurologist that is a teaching professor in neurpathy. He has sceduled some tests. I hope this doctor can help me find the cause for this terrible neuropathy. The most scary and disturbing, is the same as you also have, the vibratin buzzy feeling that I feel coming down my back and vibrating in torso. This new doctor told me that this symptom is also neuropathy. I also have leucocytoclastic vasculitis, and have a rheumotologist that is treating me and so far, we really have not found any other autoimmune disorder, other that I do have hypothyroidism. And I do have old herniated cervical disc.
Yes, I find the Xanax helps me at bed time. I have had many, many sleepless nights due to vibrating and buzzing in body, and burning all over.

How are your symptoms with the vibrations in torso? Do you have an autoimmune disease? Do you have any muscular disease? What testing did you have?
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote