View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMZY View Post
This is my first post. I am desperate to talk to people who have the same problems as I do.

I slipped on ice and fell backward hitting my head on concrete in November 2011. MRI and CT scan both came back fine. I was told at the hospital I have a concussion. You'll be fine in a week. Two weeks later no improvement... back to hospital and was told I have pcs and will be fine in a couple of weeks.

Year and a half later.... still headaches exhaustion memory problems, intolerance to light and noise. Can't go to the store or anywhere really because flourescent lights too bright... I get head pain confusion, can't think properly, word finding problems.
I feel like people don't understand. There are no support groups here.

Thank you for ALL responses.....
It's like reading my own story. I'm four and a half months post injury. WCB case here and it's not going well. You can get the short story in my signature line.

Depending on what part of Canada you're from some of us can help you with resources.

I'm on amitryptaline 20 mg at bedtime. (Brand name is Elavil) it is supposed to help with pain and encourage sleep. I think it's finally starting to help after about five weeks.

I go twice a week for acupuncture (pretty sure that's useless but the physiotherapy on my neck was worse, caused worse pain and brain issues)

Icing my neck and resting has helped me deal with never ending pain and cognitive deficits.

Next week I should be receiving my prism glasses since I tested positive for convergence insufficiency. (Eyes don't work as a team) I'm hopeful as many people report vision correction can ease the workload on the brain, thereby perhaps easing some symptoms.

My only "obvious" marker as an injured person is my acute stutter which is getting better. I'm both relieved and nervous that my only obvious symptom is fading since that means doctors will treat me even worse.

I've had atrocious care from doctors. Words that make my head spin and make me wonder about my safety in the care of medical people who don't care if I live or die, whatsoever, let alone my quality of life.

You're not alone. Welcome here.
About it: October 26, 2012 I fell backward on an icy parking lot at work. I was on Workers Comp for 9 months. My PCS : everyday headaches became once in a while headaches, and neck pain became manageable. Still have occasional mild dizziness, sometimes fullness in the ears, convergence insufficiency, sequencing struggles, short term memory struggles, verbal processing delays. CT neg, MRI neg. Therapies: prism glasses, acupuncture, icing neck, resting, supplementing, Elavil 20mg at bedtime.

NEW: Completed 12 weeks of physical therapy and returned to work full time.

About me: I'm a marketing manager, a mom with a blended family and wife to a heart attack survivor. I believe my brain injury taught me more than it cost me. I'm grateful to still be me!
MsRriO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-16-2013), MiaVita2012 (03-17-2013), MUMZY (04-01-2013), Su seb (03-16-2013)