View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 06:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su seb View Post
I also slipped in fell but in oct of 2012. Workers comp case, so the first four months they kept on telling me I would get better and I didn't. I didn't start to get help til month five.

I worked way to much the first five months. Not full time but almost. Before injury I worked two jobs. About 50 hours a weeks, one as a fitness instructor.

Now I have started a concussion rehab program with vestibular rehab. I only go once a week. But they did a lot of testing to find out what is wrong, where I am at and what I need, RATHER than just guessing and sending me home.

I have learned to ACCEPT that this is a serious injury that isn't going away next week. I need to change my daily schedule. My therapist came up with the bright idea of trying two days of work and then one day off. Part of my problem is that I love my job and I want to be there every day. I am a high school art teacher. I will sacrifice my personal life for my career.

I am also trying lots of work around s. I think that's what mark calls them. I ordered lots of cool sunglasses, wear earplugs, turn off most of the lights, quit doing things that don't need to be done...

I also eat incredibly healthy, take supplements and don,t drink alcohol.

This last week what has helped most is just trying to let go. Let go of the anger. Let go of the past... I signed up for oprahs 21 day free meditation challenge and they send you a thought of the day. It just helps me to stay positive. My students at school are absolutely amazing! But it is also so sad that SO many of them have also had concussions!

Symptoms: I usually feel like I have a really bad hangover. Funny thing is, I hardly ever drank because I never wanted to waste a day on a hangover. I am having a peaceful morning, I usually can't type this much because I also have lots of visual symptoms too.
Hang in there
Su
I also used to be a fitness instructor... who are you seeing in the cities for your vestibular rehab? Would love to connect.
Sara from Minnesota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote