Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
Hi, I am usually on the peripheral neuropathy site. I was diagnosed with that in 2009 after being in pain for a while. I have a rheumotologist that says I also have fibromyalgia. I have looked at all the s/s on google and it looks like a lot of the symptoms that I have.
My question is can neuropathy be a a symptom of fibromyalgia.
Hopeful
Hi Hopeful
My Rheumo told me you could develope neuropathy with Fibro. Seems for some pple they go together. She told me I do not have Fibro, I dont have any of the symptoms for it. My neuro wanted me to be evaluated by a Rheumo doc anyway .

Also, I was looking at some of your posts dated back to 11/2012. You and a few other posters talked about having IVIG treatments. I was dxed with small fiber neuropathy in Oct 2012. I was wondern if you ended up getting the ivig treatments and if they worked for you?. Does one have to have an indentifiable autoimmune disorder such as CIDP, etc.. can people with small fiber neuropathy (idiopathic) with no known cause or any unknown autoimmune disease be a candidate for these treatments., do you know? Thanks....
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote