View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Paresthesias in addition to peripheral neuropathy

Although starting on this thread...
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread185466.html
I was advised that I should try Benfotiamine by Stacy who apparently had all over itching and pricking as well.... Paresthesias

I bought some on Friday and the label said 1-4, 250 mg, thought "what the heck - I'll just take four." Had been having trouble all week and Stacy said they worked for her nearly immediately.

Well, to my delight - no itching all day, not even a hint. (I had been dealing with it for about three days straight up until this point.) Unfortunately- they made my muscles act up, not exactly a cramp but moving on thier own. I have this problem when I try to take fish oil now too - even though I have taken that without trouble for years before pn.... now, with pn, things appear to be different !??!

Next day, I didn't take any Benfotiamine - yet still - not even an inkling of the all over itching and prickling appeared.

Today I took just one - no itching as of yet and not much of annoying muscle movement to speak of, so perhaps that will work.

Mrs. D also suggested Slo Mag, to help with electrolyte issues - that I also purchased and will try tomorrow - as tomorrow is not a work day for me in case I have an issue with it.

So, clearly the most help I have received at this site so far would be Vitamin D info from Mrs. D, eliminated, practically, the cramping I've been dealing with for a long while and the tip from Stacy which has stopped the 'will ruin your whole day' whole body itching and prickling.
Vitamin D Thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread185198.html

So THanks to the both of you again!!

I just thought I'd put up a seperate post here in case anyone is trying to search the topic. Also Mrs. D., on my records I retrieved from my neurologist's office - it said "some paresthesias" on there. It also said - "unspecified obesity" yet mentioned that he only wanted me down ten pounds. That sounded pretty insulting to me for just ten pounds - sheesh!
KarenEVP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-17-2013)