View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 01:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What to expect from Dr. Thompson w/difficult Diagnosis Case

Hi Everyone!

I'm scheduled to see Dr. Thompson in a few months. I've been struggling with TOS symptoms for 8+yrs and have seen numerous Doctors although no-one who specializes in TOS. I have scoliosis so my posture is slouch a bit which I think might be the cause. All my testing, (XRays, MRIs, EMG/NCVs, sleep studies) have been negative so I'm wondering if anyone else has had a hard to diagnosis case like that and what to expect when I go to St. Louis? He's a vascular guy so is he skilled in the neuro side of things?

I've had some folks (Good Chiro & PT) say T.O.S and MD say not positive for venous TOS based on maneuvers.

My symptoms:
- Have to Wear Night Splints or else I wake up with painful frozen hands
- Constant Perceived Bilateral Hand Weakness when I do where splints
- Hands / Upper Extremities go numb / tingling / Pain when talking on phone or laying flat
- Hands turn blue in certain position
- Very poor sleep quality unless I wear splints and use Neurontin (This is actually the ugliest part of this all). No sleep = No Life.

It's puzzling as their are some venous issues and some neurogenic issues. Any info on what to expect would be great. I definitely don't want someone to operate without a cause (which is one of my fears).

All the best!
Sleepy Guy
SleepyGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-18-2013)