View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Burning Mouth Syndrome Recovery

Hi,
I started getting symptoms of Burning Mouth Syndrome about six years ago. It was on and off for about two years and the condition continued to get worse and more frequent. I had gone to several doctors and ent's but they all thought I was dillusional. I finally found a doctor, totally by accident- my family doctor was away and I couldn't get an appointment with him so they placed me with another doctor in his clinic, and she was currently treating another patient with the same symptoms. She ran blood tests and there were no abnormalities there. I was handed over to a neurologist and from there I was prescribed desipramine to control the pain. The neurologist told me there was no cure and that I'd have to stay on some medication for the rest of my life. My quality of life has improved so much since was placed on this over two years ago. I only get occasional flare ups a few times a year and they go away over a couple of days. Desipramine has been the most effective treatment to control my BMS.
meghanbelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote