View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 12:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kathy,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time of things. I can't imagine the frustraion of having to wait that long for an appointment while dealing with such pain.

As Ginny mentioned in the other thread, some of your issues, especially the burning pain (without another explanation for it) and allodynia (the sensitivity to touch) do sound RSD-ish.

Regarding the fibro......How many tender points, if any, do you have ? Do you understand that it doesn't hurt all the time from those spots, just that they are more tender when palpated during an exam. While waiting for your appointment, a relaxing trip to a masseuse might reveal that you do have tender points, that need some extra work, that you were not aware of. Also, if you weren't aware, the IBS can be a sign of fibro. I think your doc is a bit "off". Some blood tests could indicate that fibro or lupus MIGHT be an issue, but negative results on a blood test don't rule them out.

I'm glad they have ruled out cauda equina. Geez, you'd think after so many emergency evaluations for that, SOMEONE would prioritize figuring out what your dx is !

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote