View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Ah, what fond memories emg/nc tests bring back for me.

The last one (because I had a pinched nerve in my neck) and I know I posted this story before but for those of you who didn't read it......I was sent for an emg/nc thing and I arrived (and I REMEMBERED THE FIRST ONE I HAD FOR CARPAL TUNNEL) so I was not in a good mood to get another one.

I sat on the table and the nurse has this cattle prod thing in her hands (now this was over 8 years ago so maybe they've stepped it up a notch with the equipment, I really have no idea), but when she just touched me on my arm (and I felt a little shock) and I said a little "ow" and she zapped me again higher up, and I felt a little bigger shock and I said an even bigger OW!!. And then she moved up my arm and zapped me and I jumped off the table and I looked her dead in the eye and I said 'touch me again with that thing and I'll punch you in your F.....nnnng face".

She just smiled sadly and sighed and said: "I know, I know, some people find this a tad uncomfortable. I thought she had lost her mind.

Now Alan can go and get EMGs and NCs and feel ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Doesn't bother him one bit. And he's had plenty of them.

Maybe I'm hyper sensitive, I have no idea!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote