View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye316th View Post
Hello, I'm new to here. I have had 7 surgeries with Reconstruction to many parts of my body since 2003. I was in a OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom) IED Humvee acident on 5/13/2003. I ended up having 2 broken wrist, Rt broken hand, Crushed Rt lower extremity(had 8 pins in foot/2 srews in each side of ankle/steel rod lower leg), Shattered left knee from shrpnl, Rt elbow very hyber extented broken (pinkie touched back of rt shoulder), both shoulders dislocated, broken rt collar bone, broken nose, broken ribs, and finally multiple crushed disc. Also Military lost all of my entire military career file (June 1985 to when I got hurt 2003). I guess that it. I've had almost every pain medications availible. Dilaudid and morphine is just like taking a tylonel for me.
Anyways, well I just had a Spinal Stimulator implant surgery last month Feb 2013. It was the worst pain I every felt the next day. I'm very tolerant to pain. But this surgery hurted me the most. I could'nt caugh nor move my upper and lower extremities. Just before I left the post op to come home. I had turned on the Implant. I only had felt it working in my left back rib area. I had asked is that is normal. The assured me that I will feel more as time goes on. I had a post 2 weeks appt where I had an Hematoma where the implant was installed. The dr took 17 cc's of fluid out of the hematoma. Then 3 days later I had to go into my local ER and have them check on the hematome. Which came back. The ER dr took 22 cc's out. Now a few days ago I went in to my Spine Doc to checked out my hematoma and get my implant programmed. When I went in for this appt I had went to my medical dr ahead of time for some Xrays. I brought the Xrays in to the spine doc and they did try to program the implant. A half hour went by without them trying to program thi thing. They finally looked at my xrays and it turned out that the Electrodes had moved of the spine. So now after all this I have to get a redo surgery. Ast the old sying "No pain no gain". Yeah right! I'm just o tired of the pain. Not to mention I have liver disease due to meds and also Diabetes. Sucks! Sorry so long I just had to vent! Plus still fighting the govt for my military benifits, retirement, disbility. They owe me almost 10yr of backpay.

WOW to say you have been through it would be an understatement !! I am grateful for your response and for giving me so much personal detail and want to thank you for giving me an insight as to what can happen. I have been researching for a while now and I am really un-sure as to wether or not to go ahead with itwhilst I have been waiting I have had a breakdown. I have had so much going on lately that I just couldn't take it anymore and I just snapped. I feel that now is not the right time to go ahead with it, also I don't think I would be allowed to. I have been through all the trials and tests and passed with flying colours but now things are a different story. I believe that things happen for a reason and possibly that my breakdown has meant me putting the implant of the SCS on hold or maybe even "off" for good reason. Some of the "horror" stories I have been reading about are quite scary!! But I am glad that I have had the opportunity to research. So once again thank you and I do hope things improve for you very soon.
Janeydon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (06-20-2013)