Thread: Pain med help
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilasmom View Post
I have some neck disc problems and have tried muscle relaxers, gabapentin and now lyrica. I've been taking 75mg at night and today was the first day I added another 75mg during the day. I've been on the 75mg for 6 nights already and I don't feel any better. My pharmacist said I would know if it works in 2 days. I'm considering to stop taking it, I am hungry all the time and frankly I don't need to gain anymore weight. A friend suggested I try Cymbalta, any thoughts on this? Does it help with nerve pain? My other concern is that my pain med is not as effective as it was when I first started taking it. I don't know if my tolerance has risen or if my pain is just increasing? I've been taking Hydrocodone 10/650 for the last few weeks and it's just not helping like it did, and on top of that I think it's making my stool hard, which now I started taking Miralax to help with that. Any suggestions? I'm going to see the spine surgeon next week.

Thanks.
I have moderate intermittent back pain and a hot tub does wonders. If you have access to one I would give it a try.
billsstl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote