View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MG and Familial Hemiplegic Migraines

Many of my family members have neurological problems and I'm wondering if there is any link to MG and FHM (Familial Hemiplegic Migraines). My brother has seizures because of his migraines, one of my grand daughters faints with hers, another grand daughter has visual disturbances and one side of her body goes numb and she loses muscles strength on that side, she then gets the headache and nausea. My mom has the visual auras and I have them too. I have seen arches of color from both eyes followed by total blindness which didn't last long. The next day my left arm felt as though a blood pressure cuff was squeezing my arm. Another time I saw geometrical patterns in a swirl that blocked my vision for most of a day. I've had several scans of my brain for stroke, but there is no evidence of a stroke. My daughter gets bad headaches and she's now starting to get the visual disturbances. I have a sister who also gets the auras and she has seizures also and so does her daughter. I've read on some sites that MG may be considered a channelopathy. I've also read that Familial Hemiplegic Migraines are a channelopathy. Nobody in my family has been diagnosed with FHM but when I go to the doctors I'm going to mention this. I have also had Malignant Hyperthermia during an operation which is also a channelopathy. I'm hoping some of you might have some more insight into this. I want to help my family find some answers.
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote