View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default There is hope

Hi LiveLoveandTrust

Have you tried going to the Institute of physical Art website www.instituteofphysicalart.com and tried to find a CFMT on the list for Connecticut?
My personal experience has been pretty amazing I have had a lot of pain issues similar to yours in the past but I saw 2 CFMT's, one in LA and one in the Bay Area who has also done a PNF program and they prepared my body for recovery by getting rid of the knots and scar tissue by using ART and myofascial release over a period of 6- 7 months and mobilizing the nerves. Now I am able to do all the stretches and shoulder girdle progression exercises my other therapist has taught me( she happens to be in another country, i just came back after working one and a half hours everyday for a month with her to condition and strengthen).
But the point is don't give up hope, please try and find a therapist from the above website. They are just of a diffferent calibre.If not all,they can atleast help you with some of your pain issues. It took me three years after my surgery to come to this state where I feel I am able to put this behind me and live a normal life. I still have to do my home exercise program but I am able to finally get off all pain meds. It has not been easy, I am young and have 3 kids and I have had my frustration and tears.
Ofcourse you can still apply for the aid and legal stuff but please keep working on your physical recovery. There is a difference between therapists. If some don't work for you, it does not mean all won't work.
Good luck and I hope you find all the help you need.
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote